March 15, 2012

Short Story: So, Who is this Melanie Person?

When I first started writing, I felt like a bit of a traitor. Friends of mine have been whittling away at writing careers for years--some for decades. But I've spent my last decade in a completely different industry: product design.

At this point, I hold over fifty patents, and my creative process is finely tuned. When the idea for a story crossed my mind, the first thing I thought was: I wish I was writing, because I know how I'd write that. Then I completed surprised myself by writing it.

As a great lover of books, I understand what I'm up against. The process will take me there, but it will take time. For now I am very, very much enjoying my education about the publishing universe, where my fingers create in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...