First up, here are eleven random tidbits about me:
- When I broke things as a child, I lied every single time and said my sister did it.
- I eat Nutella straight out of the jar. With my finger.
- I have designed a breast pump, an eyewash station, and flatware for Martha Stewart.
- In junior year of high school, I lost the race for Art Club President. To someone who wasn't even IN Art Club. Can you tell it still stings?
- When I'm stressed, I clean out a closet or a drawer.
- I've never owned a curling iron.
- My first major in college was Pre-Veterinary Medicine.
- I watch chick-TV and pretend I didn't.
- I eat yogurt with peanut butter cheese sandwich crackers. As in, I dip them in the yogurt . . . and eat them.
- I believe in following your heart and doing the work.
- I could not count to eleven when I made this list.
Next, eleven answers from me:
- How did you get your ideas for your most recent book? My son asked me to please, please write a book for him. I let my mind run, and wrote a story he and his brother would love.
- What makes your books different from others in your genre? I'd like to think I have a strong voice--and every writer's voice is their unique signature.
- What is your biggest challenge as a writer? Patience.
- What other hobbies or occupations do you have besides writing? I'm a product designer, and have also done some illustration work.
- What's your favorite book in the genre that you write? Well . . . for historical fiction, I love City of Dreams. My favorite middle grade books are always and forever anything and everything by Roald Dahl.
- What's your favorite quote or expression? "Only the heart that knows the mighty grief can know the mighty rapture, sorrows come to stretch out spaces in the heart for joy" -- Charles Edwin Markham
- Are you a listener or a talker? Talker.
- Name one thing you couldn't live without. My family.
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Whole fried prawn heads.
- If you were an animal, what would it be? A horse.
- Name three adjectives that best describe you. Creative, Determined, Dedicated.
I bet you never thought you'd know that much about me. I can't wait to read more about my own writer buddies! Ilana Waters, Tonja Drecker, A.M. Shultz, Jay C. Spencer, you're up! Your instructions: Write eleven random things about yourself. Answer the eleven questions given. Write eleven new questions. Do a happy dance. Tag someone else.
Now, eleven questions for you!
- Have you always wanted to write?
- How old were you when you "started writing?"
- What was the name and subject of your first writing project?
- What time of day do you write the most?
- Name your favorite reading genres.
- What do you do to relax?
- Name a place you've been to that you would visit again.
- Name a place you haven't been to that you want to visit.
- Salty or sweet?
- TV or movies?
- Finally, the most important question of all: Did you read 50 Shades of Gray?