September 02, 2012

The Crossing


I decided to throw my hat into the ring for a contest on Figment: Defy the Dark. You can read my short story, The Crossing, here, and here's a quick blurb to give you the run-down:
In a world ruled by fear, Sera must trust in herself and her love for Ren to guide her across the gap, through the territory of the wanderers, to a chance at life in the Free Zone.
I've been reading Steven King's On Writing of late, and for once writing a scary story appealed to me. I tried to be very Mr. King about this, and wrote with little idea of where the story was headed, with the faith that somehow, it would all work out in the end.

If you haven't checked out Figment, you should! They run a lot of provoking writing contests and have a ton of great YA content, as I blogged about a while ago. Read that post for more details. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...